Sunday, January 24, 2010

In winter, some farmer's markets keep going

I've been a bit slow to post this, so my apologies. A few weeks ago the WaPost had a story about winter farmer's markets ("Hot stuff, out in the cold") -- and they mentioned maybe 10 or 12 of them. I was surprised there are so many.

The farm market I did a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) half-share with last fall, Norman's Farm Market, is providing a winter CSA of meat, eggs and cheese, but I don't think they have a stand open in winter.

The Post has a great interactive map of year-round farmer's markets. Also, NBC4's Wendy Rieger did a Quick Bites video spot, in which the Post's food editor, Joe Yonan, explains what kinds of items you can find at farmer's markets in winter.

Have you gone to a market this winter? What did you think? Post a comment here!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home